GYA members convene in person once a year. This year’s Global Young Academy 7th International Conference of Young Scientists and Annual General Meeting will be held at Macdonald Aviemore Resort in Aviemore, Inverness-shire, Scotland, from 15 to 19 May 2017. The theme of the conference is “Social Justice in a Rapidly-Changing World”. This year meeting will also feature more working group and mingling time to allow for ideas to flow more freely: Use the chance to meet the other GYA members in person. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the General Assembly for the entire GYA membership to elect the new Executive Committee and the Co-Chairs and discuss and decide on general policy issues. The Co-Chairs and Managing Director will give a report about the past year, also the financial situation and inform on the plans for the year to come.
- Community Empowerment made Global: Shaping Shared Futures
Panel discussion organized in partnership with the Young Academy of Scotland
- Social Justice
Panel discussion followed by an interactive World Café.
- Time for working groups to meet and new groups to be formed, time to allow for ideas to flow more freely
- Time for GYA members to present their papers and to explore multifaceted links to the conference topic
- Buddy breakfast for the new GYA members/Graduation of outgoing members
- Time to prepare for the anniversary Mega AGM 2019 in Halle
- Space to reflect on the current organizational development of GYA and to elect the new Executive Committee and Co-Chairs
- Additional activities include excursions to the Highland Folk Museum at Kingussie and to the Dalwhinnie whisky distillery
- On our final night together, we will celebrate with a gala dinner followed by a Ceilidh – a traditional Scottish gathering featuring music, dancing and frivolity.
Participation is by invitation only!
|14 May||Arrival of the EC members and MD|
Arrival of members, Programme starts at 17:00
Buddy Breakfast for new members
Introduction of the Topic of the Conference
First part of AGM in the afternoon
|17 May||Conference day and excursion|
Working Group Presentations
Open Discussion on future development of GYA
Farewell and end at 13:00